Why Do You Need Naturesoft Products?
Did you know?
Children and the elderly are more susceptible to indoor air pollutants.
Aging adults, particularly the elderly, can have weakened immune systems and age related health problems, which make them more vulnerable to health complications associated with indoor air pollution.
A child’s lungs are smaller than the average adults, causing increased respiratory rates that create a higher risk when dealing with indoor air pollutants.
Many common products around the home (solvents, fragrances and cosmetics, carpeting, furniture, paint, hobby products, cooking, cleaning agents, pesticides, new flooring, tobacco smoke, and car exhaust) emit volatile organic compounds (VOCs, also known as odors ) into the air. Inside your home, these compounds can freely mix together. Individual VOCs are known to be harmful to human health and some are known carcinogens, such as formaldehyde. Introduction of new furnishings can be a major source of VOCs in the home.
Hot & Cold Spots
The human body has its own heating system, which generates more heat than it needs. Our bodily heat surplus is continually emitted into the surrounding air. Thus, the real purpose of any home heating system is simply to keep our bodies at a comfortable level and control the amount of heat we emit. However, sometimes the temperature in your house can vary between floors or from room to room. You might notice that some rooms are cold and some are hot. This makes us feel uncomfortable in general, but also affects our homes air quality and energy costs.
Dust mites are microscopic creatures that commonly cause allergy symptoms. They are tiny arachnids (similar to spiders) with eight legs that are blind and live indoors.
Cleaning cannot totally get rid of dust mites in the home because they latch onto fibers and live deep in pillows, carpets, mattresses, box springs, and upholstery.
Bedrooms provide the most favorable conditions for dust mites in the home because warm temperatures, pillows, blankets, and mattresses provide them with the perfect environment, and an abundance of food (dead skin particles).
Dust mites don’t bite, and do not spread disease, so they are not harmful unless you have allergies, in which case they can aggravate symptoms all year-round. It is actually dust mite droppings that trigger allergies (and asthma), and they are the most common cause of perennial allergy and asthma symptoms.
Airborne particles can irritate the eyes, nose, throat, and lungs and increase respiratory problems, especially in those with preexisting medical conditions, such as cardiovascular illness and immune system diseases.
Many types of particles, such as smoke, pet dander, mold spores, and pollen can trigger asthma found inside the home. In addition, if certain chemicals attached to particles are inhaled on a regular basis, they may cause lung cancer.
Pollen in the home is a common indoor allergen. Trees, weeds, plants and grasses release tiny reproductive particles each spring, fall, and summer. These particles are commonly known as pollen, and are carried into the home by the wind. Pollen in the home enters people’s bodies through the mouth and nose, and in many people (1 in 7) it triggers allergic rhinitis, or hay fever. Because pollen is pretty much everywhere, it is very difficult to avoid. Even if you stay inside the majority of the time, you can still be exposed because pollen will find its way into your home. Pollen in the home is difficult to get rid of, but it is possible to control the levels.
Mold in the home is a microscopic fungus that produces tiny spores to reproduce. These spores float through the air continually and can trigger allergy and asthma symptoms.
When mold spores land on wet areas indoors, they begin to grow and to release more mold spores, and this is how mold in the home propagates.
Any warm, damp areas can attract mold growth. Common areas in your home are bathrooms, showers, drains, basements, cellars, towels, washcloths, closets, and attics.
People who suffer from allergies, asthma, or other respiratory conditions should avoid exposure to mold growth. There is no way to get rid of mold in the home, but there are actions you can take to prevent it.
Pet dander in the home is a very common allergy trigger. Over 70% of households in the U.S. have a cat or dog, and 10% – 15% of the population is allergic to animals. About a third of people that are allergic to cats live with at least one!Pet dander in the home comes from dead skin flakes that the pet sheds, and is the primary cause of pet related allergies. While the length of a pet’s hair does not affect how much dander it produces, longer hair can attract other indoor allergens like pollen, mold spores, dust, and others. The more indoor allergens there are in your home environment, the worse allergy and asthma symptoms can be.
Carbon monoxide (CO) is released when wood, gasoline, oil, kerosene, natural gas, and charcoal burn inefficiently. At moderate levels, CO can cause severe headaches, dizziness, impaired mental function, nausea, and shortness of breath. At high levels it can cause unconsciousness and death.According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), an estimated 1,000 people die each year from carbon monoxide poisoning and thousands end up in emergency rooms. Because CO is odorless and colorless, and symptoms can look like common illnesses, the effects may not be recognized until it is too late.
Dust in the home is made up of small particles of plant and animal debris. The EPA says that about 40 pounds of dust are generated each year for every 1500 square feet of living space.
Every speck of dust in the home carries about 40,000 dust mites, along with other allergens like dead skin, pet dander, insect parts, mold spores, bacteria, food particles, fabric fibers, and more.
The main causes of allergy symptoms in house dust are dust mites and insect (cockroach) debris.Dust allergy symptoms include itchy, watery eyes, runny or stuffy nose, and sneezing. Dust can also trigger asthma symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath.
During the allergy season of spring through fall, these symptoms are commonly caused by pollen, and people with hay fever are affected. However, if you suffer from allergy symptoms all year, even during non-allergy season, then you are probably reacting to dust in the home.